Don't miss Comms Connect Perth this week
By Jonathan Nally
Monday, 12 March, 2018
If you’re interested in IoT, 5G, spectrum matters and other cutting-edge communications topics, it’s not too late to register to attend Comms Connect Perth on 15 March.
The event will feature a series of case studies and technical presentations:
- The value of a strong industry association — Hamish Duff, ARCIA
- Data: the currency of the 21st century — Ray Achemedei, CITIC Pacific Mining
- IT/OT network convergence and its cybersecurity implications — Mourad Khalil, Titan ICT Consultants
- Operating underground loaders from the surface using last-mile underground network technology — Chris Snell, RFI Technology Solutions
- TETRA in Brisbane Hotel and Casino — Malcolm Davies, Radlink Communications
- Is satellite able to fill the gap? — Neil Jamieson, Wireless Innovation
- The future for critical messaging — Brad Welch, TPL Systems Asia Pacific
- Understanding and using fixed wireless for Industrial IoT — Roy Wittert, Cambian Networks
- 5G: What’s behind the hype — Simon Larder, Challenge Networks
- LPWAN connectivity options as the backbone for Industrial IoT — Craig Muller, Thinxtra
- Internet of Things: a view from space — Dr Alex Grant, Myriota Pty Ltd
There’ll also be a workshop on trends in radio spectrum management, presented by Peter Hilly, Andrew May and Alan Harrison from Spectrum Engineering Australia.
The event will conclude with a panel discussion on the growing footprint of IoT and how to use it for professional advantage. The panel members will be Hamish Duff, Dr Alex Grant and Roy Wittert, moderated by Ian Miller, Executive Officer, ARCIA.
The venue will be the Aloft hotel, just 15 minutes from Perth CBD and 6 km from Perth airport.
Comms Connect Perth is held in conjunction with the Australian Radio Communications Industry Association (ARCIA), which will hold its annual Western Australia Industry Dinner and Networking Event at the same venue on the evening of the same day.
The ARCIA event will feature presentations, networking time, dinner, drinks and the announcement of the Industry Professional of the Year Award.
The guest speaker will be Dr Alex Grant, CEO of Myriota, a company that develops IoT products for operation in remote areas by satellite transmission.
The ACMA will seek industry feedback on compliance priorities at special spectrum...
UK spectrum regulator Ofcom has released a guide to how the upcoming 2.3 and 3.4 GHz spectrum...
US scientists have invented a new sensor technology that consumes essentially zero power during...