WRC-19 Final Acts available for download
The Final Acts of the ITU World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 (WRC-19) are now available online for free download.
WRC-19, held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, from 28 October to 22 November 2019, attracted a record 3420 participants, including delegates from 163 ITU member states and more than 260 representatives of other international organisations, network operators, vendors and industry forums.
The conference concluded with agreements reached in the following areas:
- International Mobile Telecommunications, including 5G (also known as IMT‑2020)
- The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
- Earth exploration and meteorological-satellite systems
- Earth stations in motion
- Non-geostationary satellite orbit systems
- High-altitude platform station systems
- Radio systems between train and trackside for high-speed railways
- Communication over wireless access systems, including local area networks (Wi-Fi).
The Final Acts document can be downloaded from the ITU website.
You can also read our earlier story about Australia’s involvement in the conference.
Fully interoperable standards-based critical broadband services have moved closer with...
Defence, BAE Systems Australia and the University of Adelaide have signed an MoU for the...
Optus has achieved average download speeds of over 2.5 Gbps using the first of 151 planned...