2nd MCPTT Plugtest to be held in Texas
The 2nd MCPTT Plugtests event — organised by ETSI with the support of TCCA, PSCR, Texas A&M University (TAMU) and the European Commission — will be hosted by TAMU from 25 to 29 June 2018 in College Station, Texas.
The goal of the MCPTT Plugtests event is to validate the interoperability of a variety of different implementations on the market using different scenarios and test cases.
The interoperability of MCPTT, MCData and MCVideo products and services has not been tested in the US previously, making the 2nd MCPTT Plugtest an important event.
The tests will be based on 3GPP, ETSI and IETF standards, and are intended for:
- UE vendors
- EPC vendors
- MC Application Server (MCPTT, MCData, MCVideo) system vendors
- MC Client (MCPTT, MCData, MCVideo) vendors
- eMBMS vendors
- SIP/IMS Core vendors
- Control Room vendors
- MCPTT test equipment vendors.
The purpose of the MCPTT Plugtests event are to trial independently and jointly all components of the mission-critical (MC) MC communication chain, such as:
MC Services Common Functionalities:
- User authentication and service authorisation
- Service configuration
- Affiliation and de-affiliation
- Extended location features
- (Dynamic) Group management
- Identity management
- MC security framework
- Encryption (media and control signalling).
- Test cases considered in 1st Plugtests event
- MCPTT enhancements
- First-to-answer call set-up (with and without floor control)
- Floor control for audio cut-in enabled group
- Updating the selected MC Service user profile for an MC Service
- Ambient listening call
- MCPTT private call-back request
- Remote change of selected group.
- Group call (including emergency group calls, imminent peril group calls, emergency alerts)
- Private call (off-network)
- Transmission control.
- Short Data Service (SDS)
- File Distribution (FD) (on-network)
- Transmission and reception control
- Handling of disposition notifications
- Communication release.
Competition is the only way in which Australians will continue to enjoy high standards of mobile...
Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, TPG and UK-based Dense Air have paid a combined $853 million for...
Record attendance and a packed program ensured 2018's Comms Connect Melbourne event was the...