Keynote speakers announced
The WiMAX Forum and Informa Telecoms & Media announced participation commitments from 10 keynote speakers and more than 30 sponsors and exhibitors for their 2008 Events Series.
The WiMAX Forum Global Congress Events Series will bring together WiMAX leaders from around the globe to address key market needs for adoption of certified WiMAX deployments and strengthening the network of operators, manufacturers and service providers within the WiMAX Forum.
Coming together to discuss the events series' theme of how WiMAX technology is "Defining the Future of the Mobile Internet', WiMAX industry visionaries have confirmed participation as keynote speakers throughout the event series, including:
- Shahid Miah, CTO, Wateen Telecom
- Matt Beale, director, strategy, BT Wholesale
- Dr Hyan-Pyo Kim, director, technology cooperation division, WiBro Business Unit, KT Corp
- Kuldeep Goyal, chairman and MD, BSNL
- Mauricio Coutinho, CEO, Neovia Telecomunicacacoes S/A
- Peter Zielgelwanger, CTO, WiMAX Telecom
- Henrik Dam, CTO, Danske Telecom
- Shantanu Consul, IAS administrator, USO Fund, Department of Communications, India
- Heiomar Lima, director Digital Inclusion Services Ministry of Communications, Brazil
- Magnus Johansson, director wireless broadband, Digicel
The following companies have confirmed their intention to exhibit: Airspan Networks, Alcatel-Lucent, Alvarion, Aperto Networks, ASUSTek Computers Inc., Fujitsu, IBM Corporation, Intel Corporation, Motorola, Navini, Nokia, Nokia-Siemens Networks, Nortel, Pico Chip, Quanta Computer Inc, Redline Communications, Runcom Technologies Ltd, Samsung, Sequans Communications, Siemens, ZTE Corporation and ZyXEL Communications Corp.
The events series fosters a hands-on business experience with networking opportunities, WiMAX certified training courses, boot camps, seminars with industry thought leaders, exhibitions and member product and service announcements.
The program will feature regulatory briefing days, emerging markets focus days and each conference and exhibition will be conveniently co-located with WiMAX Forum member activities such as technology demonstrations, PlugFests, testing symposiums and member working group conferences.
The show floors will feature free seminar theatres with fully programmed conference agendas demonstrating the ecosystem at work, hospitality suites and meeting rooms to facilitate business, country pavilions and product showcases.
The WiMAX Forum Global Congress Events Series 2008 locations are:
- WiMAX Forum Congress Asia: 9-10 April 2008 in Singapore at the Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre;
- WiMAX Forum Global Congress (the flagship event): 17-18 June 2008 in Amsterdam at the Amsterdam Rai Convention Centre; and
- WiMAX Forum Congress Americas: 12-13 November 2008 in Atlanta at The Gwinett Center.
For more information on how to exhibit or participate in the WiMAX Forum Global Congress Events Series, go to www.wimax-vision.com.
Thales has been chosen by the French defence procurement agency to lead a second part of the...
Motorola Solutions has been selected to be the main contractor to design and build a deployable,...
Airbus and its local partners have signed a contract to provide hybrid communication services for...