Satellite push-to-talk radio
Icom’s IC-SAT100 (Satellite PTT) offers global communication over the Iridium® satellite network. Where traditional satellite phones offer one-to-one type calls, the IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the PTT.
The IC-SAT100 can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there’s no cellular network coverage available or landline network infrastructure support. In a situation where terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, Icom’s Satellite PTT can provide stable back-up, independent from other networks.
With the IC-SAT100, users will be typically charged a flat rate through a monthly plan and there are no additional call charges. Different monthly plans will be available to better suit your communication needs depending upon the coverage area and the number of Talk groups.
The IC-SAT100 is an ideal tool for personnel involved in Emergency Response, Business Continuity Planning (BCP) & Disaster Recovery environments that ensures reliable and instantaneous communication even in the remotest location. This one-of-a-kind radio ensures seamless communication without investing in setting up essential infrastructure.
Features of the IC-SAT100 include —
- Wide Area Global Communication — The Iridium satellite network can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet.*
(*Depending on the country or region, carrying or the use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.)
- Real-Time, Low Latency Communication — Using 66 low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication and broader, more reliable network coverage.
- The IC-SAT100 has a built-in Emergency Key that can be used for emergency situations. An emergency call can be transmitted to preprogrammed users by holding down the key.
- The IC-SAT100 provides an IP67 rated waterproof dust-tight and durable body making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications and has an operating temperature range of -300 C to +600 C.
- The IC-SAT100 comes with a 1500mW powerful audio delivered from the internal speaker that provides loud and clear communication even in noisy environments.
- The radio comes with a Li-ion battery pack that provides around 14.5 hours of operation.
- Secure Conversations with AES encryption.
- Built-in Bluetooth®
- AquaquakeTM function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit.
- Integrated GPS receiver.
- SMA type antenna connector for an external antenna.
- Short Data Message Function.
- The IC-SAT100 is compatible with other Iridium PTT devices, including Iridum Extreme® PTT (some specific functions may not be compatible).
Icom will be launching the VE-PG4 RoIP gateway in the coming months. The VE-PG4 offers interoperability with existing infrastructure including LTE Networks, Radio over Wi-Fi, IP Phone Systems and LMR Networks.
For more information on the IC-SAT100, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VE-PG4 is an RoIP gateway unit that seamlessly interconnects LMR radios, LTE radios, IP...
Numerous industrial processes give rise to flammable gases and combustible dusts, necessitating...
A cost-effective, simple solution for events, festivals and large organisations, enhancing the...